Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Nosy Barkers! Your purchase of products and services from us constitutes your agreement to follow these Terms and Conditions and to be bound by them. Please take a few minute to review the following information.
All prices displayed on our website are quoted in Canadian Funds and are subject to change without notice.
From time to time there may be information on our website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omission that may relate to product descriptions, pricing and availability. Nosy Barkers reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
During checkout you can choose to pay us directly by VISA, Mastercard or Paypal. American Express, Discover Cards, and e-cheques will be accepted through our Paypal account. Please note: payments will be processed when your order is placed. We do not accept cheques.
Once your booking is confirmed you can choose to pay by VISA, Mastercard, Paypal. or E-Transfer. Payments will be processed immediately. We do not accept personal cheques. During peak periods we require a 50% deposit on confirmation of the booking with the balance due before your dog is dropped off for the visit. At all other times full payment is due before dropoff. A few days prior to your dropoff date you will receive a payment reminder email with a link and instructions to make your payment online.
All pet sitters have signed a non-compete agreement with the Company. They are not allowed to solicit or accept pet sitting assignments "on the side." Should they do so, they will lose their jobs as well as their liability and bonding insurance coverage provided through the company. Please do not solicit pet sitting directly from your pet sitter, and help us to keep our good pet sitters on staff so that we may continue to provide quality care to the pets Toronto, Mississauga and Oakville.
Boarding Cancellation & Early Pickups
During the following peak periods deposits and/or payments are non-refundable; December 15 to January 15, the months of March, July & August, Easter weekend, Labour Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend. At all other times 48 hours cancellation notice is required for a credit towards future boarding or if you prefer a refund a 5% processing fee will apply. All refunds are issued by cheque. Credits must be used within 2 years of the date of issue. We do not offer refunds for early pickups.
Boarding Services Agreement
In consideration for Nosy Barkers (always meaning Tiffany Leger and her boarding affiliates) providing the services requested below, I acknowledge that:
- it is not possible to protect against all risks(s) to my dog(s) at any time, including while in the care of Nosy Barkers, even with the exercise of due care and attention, and whether at Nosy Barkers boarding houses or elsewhere, or during walks, visits, transport, or other activities, or when my dog(s) is around other dogs, persons or property; these risks include injury, escape, theft, disease and fire;
- it is possible that my dog(s) can cause loss, damage or injury to persons and property (including Nosy Barkers, its premises, property, vehicles and other dogs in its care or control, or their owners);
- for the safety of my dog(s) and others at Nosy Barkers, I must disclose if my dog(s) experience(s) any special conditions, or has special or known medical needs, behavioural characteristics, dietary or handling requirements, or other matters Nosy Barkers reasonably should be aware of when performing the services I have requested;
- it is necessary for my dog(s) to be properly socialized to other dogs and humans and in good health with current shots for rabies and DHLPP, (Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenza, Parvoviruss-Bordetella is recommended) and be protected against fleas/ticks, and if my dog(s) appear(s) to be carrying fleas/ticks, Nosy Barkers will bathe my dog(s) upon arrival at my expense;
- I want my dog(s) to be properly taken care of by Nosy Barkers, and I authorize Nosy Barkers to arrange for any veterinary care and attention that Nosy Barkers determines in its discretion is reasonably necessary for my dog(s).
I release Nosy Barkers from all liability for any injury, damage or loss (“Loss”) suffered by me, my dog(s), members of my family or guests, and which Loss is or may have been caused directly or indirectly by any act or omission of Nosy Barkers, or by any person or property in the vicinity and during the course of Nosy Barkers providing the services requested, and whether resulting from negligence or any cause save and except for willful misconduct. I agree to indemnify Nosy Barkers and save it harmless from all claims and costs of any nature and kind in respect of any loss caused or contributed to by my dog(s), including any damage to the property of Nosy Barkers, and I assume the sole risk of and the responsibility for same.
I agree to pay Nosy Barkers its fees and applicable taxes in full at the time the services are provided. In the case of boarding services, then I will pay a 50% deposit to hold my booking and the balance in full at the time the boarding starts. If Nosy Barkers incurs any expenses whatsoever on behalf of me or my dog(s) during the course of providing any services which I have requested or which are necessary, then I will reimburse Nosy Barkers in full for those amounts immediately upon being advised of such expense; and this includes but is not limited to food, medical attention, and grooming. If I fail to pay my dogs boarding fees and do not pick up my dog on the agreed upon date, Nosy Barkers will surrender my dog for adoption at 14 days as per the Innkeepers Act, RSO 1990, c I.7
I have read and fully understand this Agreement. By accepting I acknowledge that I understand and agree to the above terms and that all of my questions regarding this Agreement have been addressed to my full satisfaction. This Agreement contains all of the terms of my arrangement with Nosy Barkers.